We are what we eat, and that extends right down to what’s in your trousers. It’s no secret that a dodgy diet of junk food causes high blood pressure and contributes to heart disease. A healthy ticker is vital for penis health and your performance in the bedroom. If you’ve been neglecting your veggies in […]
5. The Mediterranean Diet
Everyone knows about the reputation Italian stallions have in the sack, but what if we told you that diet has a lot to do with their performance? Get your head around the Mediterranean way of eating, and your trouser snake will be eternally grateful — as will your partner.
When your heart is unhealthy, plaque builds up in your blood vessels causing blockages that prevent blood from flowing freely. Your nether regions are among the first places to suffer from this situation, so eating for heart health is vital. The Med diet is full of fresh fruit, vegetables and monounsaturated fats, such as the ones found in fatty fish, meat and nuts. It’s also better to use olive oil instead of butter and to load up on whole grains instead of refined carbs.
4. Nuts for Your Nuts
All nuts are high in heart-friendly monounsaturated fats, so if you feel like munching on some snacks in front of the TV — reach for the nuts. These are the most effective nuts for keeping your pecker in prime condition.
- Pine nuts: Not only are pine nuts great to pick at — but when toasted, they elevate any vegetable side dish from boring to awesome. They’re chockablock with zinc, which scientists believe increases sex drive by boosting testosterone levels. You’ll also benefit from high levels of magnesium, which keeps sperm healthy.
- Walnuts and Pistachios: These are some of the tastiest nuts out there, and contain an amino acid called L-arginine, which is a building block of nitric oxide. This magical gas helps you to maintain a rock hard erection.
- Peanuts: As well as being a source of L-arginine, peanuts help lower cholesterol. Bad cholesterol builds up in the bloodstream and causes circulation problems. We all know where we need that blood to flow!
- Brazil nuts: Selenium is a mineral you don’t hear much about — but it plays an important role in hormone health. Studies have shown a correlation between low levels of selenium, low testosterone and infertility. Just two Brazil nuts a day provide all the selenium you need and could ensure your little swimmers stay strong.
3. Oysters Are More Than Just an Aphrodisiac
Bivalve molluscs, such as oysters, are high in a rare amino acid that triggers an increase in sex hormone levels, making you want to skip dessert and get it on with your girlfriend. It turns out that these slippery delicacies provide a double whammy of benefits — they are also rich in that wonderful boner stiffening mineral, zinc. Zinc is the second most abundant mineral in our bodies, after iron, and is a necessary building block for testosterone.
Oysters contain more zinc per serving than any other food, but if you’re not a fan — pumpkin seeds, crab, lobster and beef are also rich in this marvellous mineral.
2. Ever Heard the Phrase, ‘Sow Your Wild Oats?’
While you might never have thought of porridge as sexy, wild oats are actually an aphrodisiac. Getting your day started with a bowl of oats in the morning could help you please your lady all night long. They’re rich in L-arginine, which can help treat erectile dysfunction by relaxing the blood vessels in your peen. Expanded blood vessels assist you in maintaining an erection and avoiding those dreaded disappointing, fizzle-out orgasms.
1. The Best Food for Penis Health Is: The Humble Tomato
The vibrant red colour of tomatoes comes from an antioxidant called lycopene. As one of nature’s most amazing antioxidants, lycopene minimises the number of free radicals in the body and fights against oxidative stress. It’s believed to play a critical role in preventing prostate cancer, and it keeps the blood vessels in the penis and heart healthy.
What makes tomatoes stand out, is the additional benefit they contribute towards healthy crown jewels. Tomatoes have been shown to improve sperm concentration and sperm quality. Men who have a diet rich in tomatoes have significantly fewer misshapen swimmers and overall better sperm health.