Tell me more about National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month?
National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month is a month that health experts, advocates and any individual who is concerned with male health have dedicated to raising awareness of prostate cancer. This month long extravaganza involves a series of different events amongst communities such as prostate cancer walks, runs, advisory summits and community talks. The aim of these events is to educate men on the on risks and symptoms of prostate cancer in a way that brings communities together.
What is the prostate gland?
The prostate gland is something that a lot of people have heard of, but if you ask them what the purpose of the gland is, you’ll find that they aren’t too sure. For those who don’t know, the prostate gland is a walnut sized gland which is located between the bladder and penis, and just before the rectum. The function of the prostate involves the helping to propel seminal fluid into the urethra. It is this fluid which helps to carry the sperm when you ejaculate. So, in short, the prostate is pretty important to reproductive health.
How to find the prostate gland
The location of the prostate gland is also important for various other reasons. One of them being that the prostate is also known as the P spot. During foreplay or sexual activity, applying pressure to the prostate gland can help to create an intense, full body orgasm for men. If this is a fact that piques your interest, you can locate the prostate gland by following a few simple steps.
• Take a warm bath or shower, ensuring that your nails are short and neat.
• Finding the prostate is much easier to find when aroused, so do whatever you normally do to get yourself ‘in the
• A comfortable position for finding the prostate could be squatting, or lying down with your legs raised.
• Keep a tub of lubricant very close to hand and apply a liberal amount to your finger and anus.
• Relax the sphincter by massaging the anus in small circles before gently penetrating with the tip of your
finger. Take deep breaths and relax for a moment
until you become accustomed to having something in your anus.
• You won’t be able to touch the prostate directly, but you may be able to feel it. The prostate gland is located
around two inches in and towards your naval (or belly button). It will feel like a small walnut shaped bump.
• If you can’t find the prostate, ask a partner to help you locate it.
How to massage the prostate
The Sperling Prostate Center USA, claim that one in six men in the US are diagnosed with prostate cancer. This, they claim, is caused by an unhealthy lifestyle and pollution. They also believe that regular milking of the prostate, or prostate massage, is a safe and effective way for men to reduce their chances of being diagnosed with prostate cancer. The Sperling Center aren’t alone in this assertion. Experts have been talking about the health benefits of prostate milking for many years.
So why aren’t we doing it enough, or even at all?
After locating the prostate, milking it is very simple. It is also very pleasurable too! There is a reason that this gland is known as the male G Spot. According to experts, those with a seemingly healthy prostate should milk their prostate at least once a month. However, those with an enlarged prostate may benefit from more regular massage, with the minimum of once a week recommended by health experts. However, before embarking upon any kind of prostate massage regime, always speak to a Doctor first and get some advice.
Those feeling a little squeamish about the manual milking process needn’t worry. There are lots of prostate massagers available online which can help to milk the prostate for you. For beginners, using a prostate massager is the most effective way to fully reach the prostate, and perform the best prostate massage. However, having a willing partner is also a great way to start.
• Empty the bladder and bowels at least an hour before attempting a massage
• Follow our tips to locate the prostate, ensuring that the area is clean and freshly washed.
• Spend some time getting to know your body before attempting any kind of massage. It helps to know what feels good for you, and what doesn’t.
• Once the prostate is located in the rectum, massage slowly around the edges of the gland with only light pressure applied.
• Although it may be tempting to masturbate too, try to avoid touching your penis as this will defeat the object of the massage.
• After a few minutes of gentle massage, you may see some clear fluid leaking out of the end of your penis. Even if you don’t, you will still benefit from the
massage as the circular motions help to stimulate the flow of blood around the gland.
• Continue for approximately 5 minutes for the first few times and build up to approximately 15 minutes of massage over a period of time.
Worried about your prostate health?
If you have any concerns about your prostate, or it feels particularly uncomfortable to the touch. It is very important that you visit your family doctor to talk about your concerns. That way, they can rule out any problems and ensure that your prostate is in tip top condition.