Many men have doubts about their sexual performance. These insecurities can lead to self-confidence issues and mediocre sex.
If you’re worried about the size of your penis, this can compound your anxiety.
A recent study found that men in North Korea have the smallest penises, averaging 3.8 inches. Men from the Democratic Republic of Congo averaged the largest, at 7.1 inches. American men ranked at the lower end of the middle range, at 5.1 inches.
Wherever you fall on the scale, there are things you can do to increase both your performance and penis size. In this article, we’ll reveal everything you need to know about jelqing and how it can increase your confidence in the bedroom.
What is Jelqing?
Jelqing is a strange word of unknown origin. What we do know is that it means “milking,” due to its milking motion.
Jelqing is a natural enhancement technique that men have used for centuries. It involves stretching and stroking the penis to improve circulation and blood flow.
Just like building muscle in other parts of the body, increased blood flow results in muscle growth. Since the penis is 50% smooth muscle, over time this leads to better performance and increased penis size.
When men jelq regularly, they may achieve permanent sexual enhancement. These results don’t occur overnight, though. It usually takes several months of dedicated exercise before significant changes occur.
Benefits of Jelqing
Here are a few compelling reasons to jelq:
- It’s a perfectly safe, all-natural form of penis exercise.
- There’s no equipment required, although a speciality enhancement serum will lead to better and faster results.
- The jelq technique has proved effective, with many men reporting multi-inch growth over time.
- Increased blood flow results in harder, long-lasting erections.
- The exercise will give you better control over your erections and more stamina in bed.
Now that you know why you should jelq, let’s discuss how to do it.
How to Jelq
Ready to give it a try? Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Warm up. Before doing any penis enhancement exercises, it’s vital to first warm up the penis (literally). You can use a moist heating pad, rice sock, or warm washcloth.
- Lubricate. Once you’ve warmed up your penis, apply lubricant and bring your erection level to 50-75%. Never attempt to jelq with a full erection! It will be too difficult to push blood through the penis.
- OK, Grip. Using your thumb and index finger, place your hand around the base of your penis as close as possible to your pubic bone.
- Jelq. Using light to medium pressure, slowly move your hand up your penis. The ideal pressure is one that doesn’t hurt but still effectively pushes blood through the penis.
- Stop before glans. Stop the stroke just before you reach your glans (tip). One jelq stroke should take between two and three seconds.
- Repeat. Switch hands and repeat the jelq stroke.
How often should you jelq? Here’s a suggested schedule for beginners.
- 5 minutes of warm up
- 5 minutes of penis stretching
- 10 minutes of jelqing
- 5 minutes of “warm down”
Like any muscular exercise, your penis will get larger and stronger the more you jelq. To maintain the growth, you need to gradually increase the intensity of your “workouts.”
How do you know when it’s time to up your routine? Pay attention to your erections, because they’ll provide the answer.
If your erections are improving, keep upping your jelq routine with more sets or some advanced techniques. If your erections get worse or plateau, decrease the frequency of your sessions.
You can also mix up your routine with some of these variations:
- The Side Jelq. If you have a curve in your penis, you can gradually straighten it if you jelq against the curve. Aim for around a 75% erection level for this technique.
- The V-Jelq. This technique places more pressure on the sides of the shaft to maximize blood flow. Make a “V” with your index and middle fingers and jelq upward, with your palm facing towards you.
- The One-Handed Jelq. Rather than alternating hands, use only one hand to jelq. Not only is a great way to correct a curved penis, but it’s also a good workout for your forearm!
- Mini Jelqs. These shorter, faster strokes are great for correcting a curve. Always perform mini jelqs towards the weaker side of the penis.
Tips for Better Jelqing Results
Before you get started, here are some expert tips for the best results.
Jelq Stroke Time
When you first start out, aim for around three seconds per stroke. As your penis becomes stronger, you can increase the stroke from five to ten seconds. Alternatively, you can throw in some quick mini jelqs to keep the penile muscles guessing.
The Best Angle
Which part of your penis are you trying to stretch? If you jelq downward, you’ll stretch ligaments and increase length. For balanced strengthening, you should vary your strokes and also jelq upward and side to side.
Change Your Grip
You want to be sure you’re jelqing your penis evenly in all directions. Change up your OK grip from palm-up to palm-down, or rotate your grip throughout the session.
Don’t Over (or Under) Train
Like over-training in the gym, jelqing too much too soon can result in injury. Your sessions shouldn’t be too long or too intense and be sure to take rest days, too. On the flip side, under-training by not working out enough will give you less than stellar results.
There’s a lot of pressure for men to perform in the bedroom. They’re expected to have a lot of stamina and ensure their partner has an orgasm.
One way to reduce performance anxiety is to train your penis ahead of time. Men who do exercises like jelqing will see noticeable improvements in a fairly short amount of time. This will lead to a better sex life and increased confidence in bed.
The jelq technique isn’t the only way to enhance your penis size and performance. We invite you to browse our selection of penis enlargement devices to maximize your results.